VLA Phase I: Initial Review for Core Instructional Programs
Phase I applications will be completed online for each grade level of each program submitted for review. The deadline for applications for review of materials is Friday, June 2, 2023, 12:00 pm EST. Submission of materials either in hard copy or via email will not be accepted.
If you are a Virginia school division, please do not apply at this time. Instead, please email VLP at [email protected] by July 1, 2023, with your intent to apply.
For more details on the full Core Instructional Program Review Process and Timeline, please view the Full Process Document: Timeline and Milestones. If you have any questions, please email us at: [email protected].
Full Process Document - Timeline and Milestones
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
View VLA Review Process Webinar for Providers
View Complete Phase I: Initial Submission Form K-3(pdf)
View Complete Phase I: Initial Review Rubric K-3(pdf)
View Complete Phase I: Initial Submission Form 4-5(pdf)
View Complete Phase I: Initial Review Rubric 4-5(pdf)
Phase I: Initial Review Application
In order to be reviewed, the completed application, including materials detailed below, must be submitted.
- Instructional materials for each grade level for which you are applying, including:
- Teacher’s manual
- Phonics scope and sequence
- Crosswalk of program content with the VA Standards of Learning for the corresponding grade level using the correlation documents for Kindergarten, Grade 1, Grade 2, Grade 3, Grade 4, Grade 5.
- Terms of Service
- Publishers’ Submission Forms for Virginia’s Textbook Approval Process, completed with signature (not required for school divisions; required for all other providers)
- Accessibility Assurances
- Providers will be able to upload or link all their materials within the application